Sirenia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sirenia Forum

A fan community for the gothic metal band Sirenia

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ailyn Interview with The Gates of Metal Blog

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Number of posts : 1513
Job/hobbies : Student
Humor : Chelsea Handler Style
Point System :
Ailyn Interview with The Gates of Metal Blog Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Ailyn Interview with The Gates of Metal Blog Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-23

Ailyn Interview with The Gates of Metal Blog Empty
PostSubject: Ailyn Interview with The Gates of Metal Blog   Ailyn Interview with The Gates of Metal Blog I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 4:07 pm

Hanna Tsepesh: Hola (Hello in Spanish) Ailyn! Thanks so much for accepting this interview and Welcome to THE GATES OF METAL! First of all: how are you and how are the things doing with your concerts?
Ailyn: Hello Hanna! Thanks to you for your time . I’m fine and very happy. Everything is going perfect with the band and with our concerts.

Hanna Tsepesh: Can you tell to us little bit about you and your background? You have any singing lessons or any other preparation? I take this opportunity to send you my congratulations for your work on this album and saying that you have a beautiful voice.

Ailyn: Thanks for your words!! I started singing when I was 12, I think. I have always sung all kind of genres, from pop to R&B, classical, metal…In 2007 I auditioned for a musical TV reality show and I was selected. I was off the competition the 5th week and from there I had been searching for opportunities to continue singing. Being Sirenia’s singer wasn’t planned, in fact it was a surprise. When I was 15 I went to a musical school, but personal reasons made me be there for just one year.

Hanna Tsepesh: In your opinion what you bring to Sirenia? It was easy for your integration?

Ailyn: I really don’t know to answer this question, I've never liked talking about myself. I think my integration with the band was really easy, they are very very good people and they helped me at all times so that I could feel comfortable. They are my friends, we work together, but the most important thing is that they are like a family to me.

Hanna Tsepesh: In the future, you think to write some lyrics for Sirenia?
Ailyn: I never composed music, because I don’t play any instrument, but I really like writing, I have some lyrics somewhere secretly kept. In fact I never thought about any of my lyrics being used with Sirenia, I love how Morten composes…Who knows, maybe in the future… But I think we all love to hear and enjoy his lyrics.

Hanna Tsepesh: What are your favorite bands? You have any musician that you admire the most?

Ailyn: There are lots of bands I like and of course their vocalist…if I say all the names I’d never end!

Hanna Tsepesh: You have another band or some future project? You are open to new challenges?

Ailyn: No. Right now my future plans are to continue for many years with Sirenia.

Hanna Tsepesh: I see some nice pictures with a very known metal musicians on your MySpace. From all the musician that you know so far, what was your favorite one and why?

Ailyn: All of them!!! It’s always nice to meet musicians from other bands. I think I got nervous with all of them. I am a shy person, so whenever I meet someone I get nervous!

Hanna Tsepesh: Let’s talk about the “The 13th floor” album. For people who don’t listen yet can you tell to us about this album?

Ailyn: I think that “The 13th Floor” is a very interesting album musically, the compositions are very well done, it’s a melodic and powerful album. The songs on “The 13th Floor” have a lot of energy, I think it’s a mix of former albums and that’s great because you can hear a little bit of each thing you like of each album.

Hanna Tsepesh: at recording studio, you faced with difficulties? If yes, tell which was and how as the whole process for you?

Ailyn: The recording was very important to me ‘cos it was my first recording for something so big like Sirenia. Was really easy and I had so much fun!! At first I was a bit nervous but to work with Morten is really nice, he knows exactly what he wants. He trusts me at all times and that made me feel calm.Hanna Tsepesh: How has the response been to the album by the fans and media?

Ailyn: We are really happy with the response. At the beginning I was a bit worry because I was the new singer and I didn’t knew how people would respond.

Hanna Tsepesh: what is your favorite music in this album and why?

Ailyn: It’s really hard to pick just one, because I love them all. Now I’d say one name, and in some minutes maybe I’d change my mind. But I can say that from the moment I heard “The Seventh Summer” I knew it would be my all time favorite or one of them. I can’t say why, I think this song is perfect and also “The Seventh Summer” really fits my voice
Back to top Go down
https://sireniaforum.forumotion.com

Ailyn Interview with The Gates of Metal Blog
Page 1 of 1