Sirenia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sirenia Forum

A fan community for the gothic metal band Sirenia

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Language Do You Speak?

Go down 
+5
Tayla
Death_Dies_Hard
Tottie
Black_Passion_Diamond
Changed?
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Number of posts : 1513
Job/hobbies : Student
Humor : Chelsea Handler Style
Point System :
What Language Do You Speak? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100What Language Do You Speak? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-23

What Language Do You Speak? Empty
PostSubject: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 7:32 pm

English and French
Back to top Go down
https://sireniaforum.forumotion.com
Black_Passion_Diamond
Led Astray
Led Astray
Black_Passion_Diamond

Male
Number of posts : 348
Job/hobbies : Tattoo Artist
Humor : I'm a guy what do you think?
Point System :
What Language Do You Speak? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100What Language Do You Speak? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 7:52 pm

Just fuckin english
Back to top Go down
Tottie
A Shadow Of Your Own Self
Tottie

Female
Number of posts : 34
Point System :
What Language Do You Speak? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What Language Do You Speak? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 7:46 am

English
Back to top Go down
Death_Dies_Hard
The Other Side
The Other Side
Death_Dies_Hard

Female
Number of posts : 252
Job/hobbies : Tattoo Artist/Piercer
Humor : Sarcastic
Point System :
What Language Do You Speak? Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100What Language Do You Speak? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

Just plain ole English
Back to top Go down
Tayla
Submerged
Submerged
Tayla

Female
Number of posts : 682
Job/hobbies : Poet
Humor : It's here,somewhere
Point System :
What Language Do You Speak? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100What Language Do You Speak? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:30 am

English, German, Gaulish. I'm learning Polish as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.chaliceoffemmemetal.com
Labirinthya
Labirinthya

Female
Number of posts : 71
Job/hobbies : Student in Philosophy
Point System :
What Language Do You Speak? Left_bar_bleue16 / 10016 / 100What Language Do You Speak? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-12-31

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:53 am

I can talk french (of course lol), english, and i'm learning swedish and I love it ! Very Happy

But when I was in high school, I learn spanish and italian, but I think that in growing up, my brain just drained itself without my permission lol! . So now, I just can say "hello, how are you?" Embarassed in these languages, and that sucks. What Language Do You Speak? 471135
Back to top Go down
http://www.sirenia-france.fr
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:04 am

Aww, I'm sorry. I use to be rather good at French. I still know some of it. But it's been a couple of years since I actually used it. And you know how it goes :If you don't use it, you lose it." Razz
Back to top Go down
Reumeren
Reumeren

Male
Number of posts : 68
Job/hobbies : Student, part-time worker
Humor : None
Point System :
What Language Do You Speak? Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100What Language Do You Speak? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:21 pm

norwegian, icelandic, english, (horribly bad) german
Back to top Go down
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:02 pm

German kinda annoys me. I think every language is beautiful in its own way. But German sounds like to me that you are constantly spitting.
Back to top Go down
Reumeren
Reumeren

Male
Point System :
What Language Do You Speak? Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100What Language Do You Speak? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:09 pm

Thanks! I like it when sentences are properly punctuated, with commas, semicolons, dashes and all that wonderful, pretentious stuff Very Happy

Your english is pristine as far as I can see.
Back to top Go down
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:14 pm

Haha thank you. I was just telling Tayla that despite being born here I actually speak immigrant English. I even have a accent that many confuse with being British. I spent many years in a language class before they just gave up on me. lol!

And that is weird. Half of my last post disappear. Hmm, weird.
Back to top Go down
Labirinthya
Labirinthya

Female
Point System :
What Language Do You Speak? Left_bar_bleue16 / 10016 / 100What Language Do You Speak? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:27 am

Changed? wrote:
And you know how it goes :If you don't use it, you lose it." Razz

That's exactly what happened to me with my Italian and Spanish: I lost them because I didn't use theses languages anymore since I stopped lessons when I began university. So, it makes 5 years I didn't speak Italian or Spanish.
For the English, it's different because even if I don’t have English lessons anymore too, I’m still watching movies in English (with subtitles because without them, I don’t get it), and we need English all the time, so it’s different. But what drives me to despair, it’s the fact I’m learning English since I’m a child, since the age of 10, so it makes 12 years I’m learning it, and I still don’t understand movies alone without subtitles, and over all, I don’t understand at all when people are talking to me in English. No
But your French is still good !

Reumeren wrote:
norwegian, icelandic, english, (horribly bad) german

Is it true that Norwegian looks like Swedish? My Swedish teacher says that we can go in Denmark or Norway, and that if we talk Swedish there, people can understand it, but it’s seems strange to me because there are letters in Norway that don’t exist in other languages like the “ø” or the “æ”.
Back to top Go down
Reumeren
Reumeren

Male
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:20 am

Yea, you can speak danish, norwegian or sweedish in all three of the countries and be understood fairly well. People from Sweden have a hard time understanding the other two, for some strange reason - especially when they have not spent alot of time listening to norwegian or danish.
Back to top Go down
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:59 am

Labirinthya wrote:
That's exactly what happened to me with my Italian and Spanish: I lost them because I didn't use theses languages anymore since I stopped lessons when I began university. So, it makes 5 years I didn't speak Italian or Spanish.
For the English, it's different because even if I don’t have English lessons anymore too, I’m still watching movies in English (with subtitles because without them, I don’t get it), and we need English all the time, so it’s different. But what drives me to despair, it’s the fact I’m learning English since I’m a child, since the age of 10, so it makes 12 years I’m learning it, and I still don’t understand movies alone without subtitles, and over all, I don’t understand at all when people are talking to me in English. No
But your French is still good !

Thanks. Very Happy English is a complicated language. And what many don't know, is we even struggle to speak it.
What born-speakers have problems with is the grammar. I get confuse myself. Because I never know if I'm placing words right, or if my sentence if full of errors. It's crazy!
Back to top Go down
Labirinthya
Labirinthya

Female
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:02 pm

Oh, you know, that's the same thing with french : sometimes foreign people do less mistakes than french people because they take care about what they're writing, instead fluent people don't pay attention to it as they know that they will be understood anyway by others.
Back to top Go down
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:31 pm

True that. I just can't help feeling like an idiot when some speaks English way better then I do. I'm always stumbling and messing up my sentences. I write it well, but speak it rather badly. Razz
Back to top Go down
Reumeren
Reumeren

Male
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:58 pm

Good point! Nearly all americans I encounter on the internet constantly mix their and they're, your and you're, than and then...

I don't speak it well either  DX
It becomes a weird mix of american slang and ''dictionary english''.
Back to top Go down
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:16 pm

Oh, I know. When I type in a rush sometimes I will mix it up. But what kills me, is my fellow classmates, they do not care! In their words, "I know English, I don't need to learn it." What Language Do You Speak? 23206

I understand where you are coming from. Nowadays our language consist more of slang then it does normal speech. And it's difficult for me to know what people are trying to convoy.
Back to top Go down
Lucif
Lucif

Male
Number of posts : 63
Job/hobbies : poet
Humor : sadistic desires XD
Point System :
What Language Do You Speak? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What Language Do You Speak? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:30 am

Romanian(my native language and the one Dracula spoke xD ),english(but mine sucks) and a little french and latin
Back to top Go down
Reumeren
Reumeren

Male
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:11 pm

Does you english sound like Dracula's? Very Happy

''Listen to them! The Children of the Night, what sweet music they make.''
Back to top Go down
Isa la Belle

Female
Number of posts : 82
Point System :
What Language Do You Speak? Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100What Language Do You Speak? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-07

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:17 am

Weeeell...
I know Russian very well and Kazakh so-so
And I am really sorry for my terrible English.
Back to top Go down
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:47 am

Pfft, I don't know why any of you complain about your English. Smile
Don't matter what language you speak, mistakes will be made. I promise I won't crucify you for them. Razz And where is Kazakh? I'm guessing Kazakhstan?
Back to top Go down
Isa la Belle

Female
Number of posts : 82
Point System :
What Language Do You Speak? Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100What Language Do You Speak? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-07

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 7:52 am

Oh, thanks.
Yeeeah, Kazakh is the official language of Kazakhstan, Middle Asia. Gigi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Language Do You Speak?   What Language Do You Speak? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Language Do You Speak?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sirenia Forum :: Other :: Off-Topic :: Cultural Diversity-
Jump to: