Sirenia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sirenia Forum

A fan community for the gothic metal band Sirenia

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eliz
A Shadow Of Your Own Self
Eliz

Female
Number of posts : 55
Point System :
Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-19

Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin Empty
PostSubject: Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin   Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 8:26 pm

i found this interview in spanish, so i translated it for all of you Smile i did my best, but Spanish from Spain is a bit weird and different Rolling Eyes , so if you don't understand something, just ask Very Happy
also here is the link for the spanish version
http://selokehicisteis.foros.ws/n7010/entrevista-a-aylincantante-de-sirenia/

Aylin is the New SIRENIA singer. The Norwegian band has chosen this Spanish vocalist to record the new album the 13th floor

How long have you been listening to this music style?

Ten years ago I discovered Nightwish. I listen a little bit, but since five years ago I started to left the other styles and listen to more metal

What other styles do you used to sing?
Everything (laughs) whatever comes out

Which ones, or which do you consider has been your influences?
In metal, Nightwish epica, after forever, forerver slave….

You participate in the Tv show Factor X, How did the idea came to present yourself there? The truth is that I was really bored (laughs) I was in a moment in which my musical career was stagnant…as I told you, I was bored. So some friends told me to present myself to the show and, well, I presented in a typical Operacion Triunfo (Spanish tv show) way and all…but always singing pop music, because if you are out of the commercial style, they send you home immediately, In Factor X, I presented singing metal and new age, they liked it, and they told me to keep the style, but once inside, no style no nothing

Did they choose the songs then…Yes yes

How was the experience?
Was fun!!! (Laughs) I do not recommend it to anybody, but well, you spend a nice time (laughs)

How was the first contact with sirenia?
When I came out from the show, my family did open me a mySpace, mi sister was searching metal bands to add them as friends and she found sirenia. She calls me to listen to the songs because she had like it and we add them. We had no idea that they were looking for singer at all and I think that in a month they contacted me to see if I wanted to do an audition.

Did you go there or did you record it here and send it?
I went there. The first audition was in January of this year (2008) and it was in the studio with morten. I passed this audition and they call me to do the next one that was with the whole band. We did a false show so they can record it and choose if they like it or not

How is the relationship with them?
Great (laughs) since the very beginning. I am a person like that… a little shy, and they always care about make me feel like in home. They are really funny and very nice persons

Do you speak English?
No i don’t (laughs)

How did you make understand yourself?
Jonathan the drummer is Chilean and he speaks Spanish. Now I can more or less defend myself but they have to talk to me very slowly. But well, with the audition I went speaking nothing English and we communicate with signs or using the only three words I knew, I thought that they were not going to pick me because I do not speak English…

Have you learned the discography?
Yeah sure (laughs) i know them all now

How do you feel being in a high level band in their style?
Great!... I wanted to be in a band for a long time. I love this to be singing with a band in live shows. With the Sirenia-thing I could not believe it. From Norway, well known…when they contacted me I thought it was a joke. I thought that, as I was just came out from Factor X somebody wanted to laugh and made me a joke

Maybe it could be a ¨Tv show, you know how they are
I thought it was a joke and when Morten kept writing me and bought me the flight tickets I seemed not a joke anymore

I am happy for you
Thanks!

Can you tell me something about the album’s title?
It is call The 13th floor and I asked morten the meaning because everybody ask me, but he told me that was something that he keeps for himself as composer and the fans so…I can tell you anything (laughs) always that somebody asks for the meaning of the lyrics or something he says that he prefer that fans make their own conclusions

The album cover? If you do not know what does that mean, tell me what suggest you
I guess the same thing like everybody. The girl coming down to 13th floor. I don’t know what to tell you

It seems to me like is a Lighthouse from inside
Something old, antique, it does not seem abandoned

Romantic no?
Yes, the girl with that dress and the contrast between the ruined building is very romantic

Have you collaborated with the lyrics or do they had everything done?
When I joined the band, the album was almost finished. Morten gave me the songs with the voice line recorded in guitars and I record it with my voice like that, but that is the only thing I can collaborate with because everything was done

Did he refuse to those changes?
No,no no. He is very open, he composes but he is open to suggestions. If something fits better than what he propose, he is pleased

I have notice more presence with the female voice in this album…Yes, it does not have little presence like in the first and the second album, and maybe has a little bit more than the latest one. I think this album is a mixture of the previous albums. You can find some details from the first record and maybe this is more melodic

I have heard it like in times in Tristania
(laughs) yes, yes

Is there any singer that had marked you in your life or helped you to be better singer?You are going to laugh… (laughs) I started singing Mariah Karey at the age of 11. All opposites (laughs) she helped me very much because she is someone hard to imitate and I spend lot of years singing just that. Also I like very much sarah Brightman and actually both singers has influenced

The first two songs “The Path to Decay” and “Lost in Life” sounds a bit commercial like Evanescence. After the third song “Mind Maelstrom” the album begins and recovers the usual sound of the band? Am I right or am I deaf
No,no you are right. Yes it is true that the first two songs are much more commercial, especially the second song

Sometimes your voice reminds me to Gwen Stefani from No Dobut… do you think that the voices are similar

Oh! (laughs) i have never think about it (laughs)

“the Seventh summer” is the track, and by the way, i think is the best one of the album. What I mean is that the voice sounds like Gwen Stefani, like if she were an angry child
Yes (laughs) a little bit, I think almost the same, it may be the best track of the album

How do you see the Sirenia Future, considering that they have had several vocalists?
I try to think that I am going to be many years with sirenia. Everybody tells me that I am going to last a year like the previous singers and I always answer no, sirenia’s bad luck has finished (laughs) because we are really fine

Talking about stages and halls full of heavies… How do you see it?
We have not played very much now, just two shows because we where making the album and we were focused on making it well, now, we are going to start full with the shows

Where the shows were, in Norway?
One was in a very small pub but very charm, and the other one was in the Master of Rocks, and well that was big, it was the first time that I perform in front of many people. When it started I was very nervous, not for the people but it was my introduction with sirenia, and I am the new one, the substitute… and when I was on stage my legs were shaking but the people started to scream and I said well they are not boo(?)me… and I looked to my mates and they smile to me to gave me confidence and I just relaxed.

You are optimistic and see yourself there for a long time
Yes (laughs) have to be positive

How is the communication with public?
That is the hardest thing for me, have to talk, and in Englsh. When people talked to me in English two months ago I did not understand anything and I had to tell them to speak more slowly. But I always had Jonathan beside me to help me

Are you learning English?
Yes that is what i am doing now, it is necessary although i have my mate to translate and push forward I have to learn, I can not depend of him for the interview. Now for example, I can not give any interview because I can understand the questions but I have problems expressing myself

Do you want to add something?
I want to thank everybody who is supporting me in this new career, and let see if we can come to Spain to give a show…it is time!

Where are you now?
Now i am in Granada. I came back from the recordings of the videoclip and I have some free days

What about the video ?
It was recorded in Croma. I do not have the idea very well, but I was something like a crazy girl (laughs) but I do not have idea yet.
Back to top Go down
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Number of posts : 1513
Job/hobbies : Student
Humor : Chelsea Handler Style
Point System :
Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin   Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 5:44 am

Thankx for this so much!
I have to disagree with the guy. I don't she has ever once sounded like Gwen.
Back to top Go down
https://sireniaforum.forumotion.com
Black_Passion_Diamond
Led Astray
Led Astray
Black_Passion_Diamond

Male
Number of posts : 348
Job/hobbies : Tattoo Artist
Humor : I'm a guy what do you think?
Point System :
Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin   Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 3:50 pm

Thanks for translating. As for Ailyn. I had a feeling she couldn't speak english. Its easy to tell in the cd.
Back to top Go down
LeavingYouForMe
A Mental Symphony
A Mental Symphony
LeavingYouForMe

Female
Number of posts : 188
Job/hobbies : Student
Humor : Strange
Point System :
Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin   Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:14 am

She waited until after she joined the band to try to learn english?
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnattsol.com/forum/
Eliz
Eliz

Female
Number of posts : 55
Point System :
Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin   Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:43 pm

LeavingYouForMe wrote:
She waited until after she joined the band to try to learn english?

yes she did Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin   Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Entrevista Con Aylin/ Interview with Aylin
Page 1 of 1