Sirenia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sirenia Forum

A fan community for the gothic metal band Sirenia

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Unability to Keep Female Singers

Go down 
+5
Tayla
LeavingYouForMe
Black_Passion_Diamond
Malingraux
Changed?
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Number of posts : 1513
Job/hobbies : Student
Humor : Chelsea Handler Style
Point System :
The Unability to Keep Female Singers Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100The Unability to Keep Female Singers Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-23

The Unability to Keep Female Singers Empty
PostSubject: The Unability to Keep Female Singers   The Unability to Keep Female Singers I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 12:00 pm

Ene made a intresting point. But Sirenia does tend to lose females singers pretty quick. In fact Henriette is the longest singer they had. Making a album and a EP with the band before leaving. Does anyone have clues as too why they have a hard time with female singers?
Back to top Go down
https://sireniaforum.forumotion.com
Malingraux
A Shadow Of Your Own Self
Malingraux

Male
Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : Making Explosives
Humor : Awfull/None
Point System :
The Unability to Keep Female Singers Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Unability to Keep Female Singers Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: The Unability to Keep Female Singers   The Unability to Keep Female Singers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:18 am

Hard to tell, anyway I've heard Morten is very hard to deal with. He's very strict with the singers...

That may explain why many of them aren't anymore...
Back to top Go down
Black_Passion_Diamond
Led Astray
Led Astray
Black_Passion_Diamond

Male
Number of posts : 348
Job/hobbies : Tattoo Artist
Humor : I'm a guy what do you think?
Point System :
The Unability to Keep Female Singers Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100The Unability to Keep Female Singers Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: The Unability to Keep Female Singers   The Unability to Keep Female Singers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:19 pm

I've always wonder this. Monika left because Morten didn't write the music to fit her voice and I can see Monika being the type who tried to get that change. Henriette was tired of touring non-stop which says there that the females are maybe overworked. Fabienne was only used as a session member so nothing to say there. I think overall Morten doesn't give the singers much freedom with the vocals or time to relax.
Back to top Go down
LeavingYouForMe
A Mental Symphony
A Mental Symphony
LeavingYouForMe

Female
Number of posts : 188
Humor : Strange
Point System :
The Unability to Keep Female Singers Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100The Unability to Keep Female Singers Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Unability to Keep Female Singers   The Unability to Keep Female Singers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:13 pm

Maybe its because the singers just want the fame?
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnattsol.com/forum/
Tayla
Submerged
Submerged
Tayla

Female
Number of posts : 682
Job/hobbies : Poet
Humor : It's here,somewhere
Point System :
The Unability to Keep Female Singers Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100The Unability to Keep Female Singers Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: The Unability to Keep Female Singers   The Unability to Keep Female Singers I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:02 am

Morten is a perfectionist and some people find that hard to cope with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chaliceoffemmemetal.com
Eliz
Eliz

Female
Number of posts : 55
Point System :
The Unability to Keep Female Singers Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Unability to Keep Female Singers Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: The Unability to Keep Female Singers   The Unability to Keep Female Singers I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 7:35 pm

Malingraux wrote:
Hard to tell, anyway I've heard Morten is very hard to deal with. He's very strict with the singers...

That may explain why many of them aren't anymore...

i've heard that too!!

but...also i've read some interviews where they say that Morten is a cool person.... Question

i think he is really enthusiastic with his music and maybe singers can not follow him
Back to top Go down
Black_Passion_Diamond
Led Astray
Led Astray
Black_Passion_Diamond

Male
Number of posts : 348
Job/hobbies : Tattoo Artist
Humor : I'm a guy what do you think?
Point System :
The Unability to Keep Female Singers Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100The Unability to Keep Female Singers Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: The Unability to Keep Female Singers   The Unability to Keep Female Singers I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 1:51 pm

Most likely. So far all the singers have always put something else before music. And for Morten music seems to come first.
Back to top Go down
PaleSecrecy

Female
Number of posts : 11
Job/hobbies : Coloratura Mezzo-Soprano
Point System :

Registration date : 2009-11-13

PostSubject: Re: The Unability to Keep Female Singers   The Unability to Keep Female Singers I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:29 pm

I think Ailyn is a great addition, so I do hope she sticks around...

However, I think all of the changes in line-up have been positive thus far. Each band member contributed a great deal of talent during their time with Sirenia, but when they left I think it was time for a fresh look at things. I front a band myself, Pale Secrecy (nowhere near as well-known as Sirenia, haha, but we have fun), and I have had to let go of a fellow singer. It was very hard because she was my friend before we started the band, but I agree with the post that it is hard when some band members want to go in one direction while one wants to go in another. I think Morten has made some bold choices that paid off.

~Jenna~
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/palesecrecy
Lucif
Lucif

Male
Number of posts : 63
Job/hobbies : poet
Humor : sadistic desires XD
Point System :
The Unability to Keep Female Singers Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100The Unability to Keep Female Singers Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: The Unability to Keep Female Singers   The Unability to Keep Female Singers I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:45 am

Creative differences,the hard schedule or maybe they want to do something else.
Back to top Go down
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Number of posts : 1513
Humor : Chelsea Handler Style
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: The Unability to Keep Female Singers   The Unability to Keep Female Singers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:05 pm

After reading countless interviews, I think the past vocalist never wanted the duties that came with Sirenia. But Henriette & Ailyn have refer to Morten as easy to work with but a guy who is serious. Henriette left because she wanted to focus on her personal life. I feel Henriette always planned on being a short time member. And she is still close to the band. So it wasn't anything else their. As for Monika, I'm not sure as to her. She seem more focus on her other band. And Sirenia seem to be second with her. And she left due to musical disagreements. I think she probably wanted to take Sirenia in the direction of her other band. I don't see the blame being with Morten. I just think their singers weren't the right choices. Even though I do love both dearly.
Back to top Go down
https://sireniaforum.forumotion.com
Isa la Belle

Female
Number of posts : 82
Point System :
The Unability to Keep Female Singers Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100The Unability to Keep Female Singers Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The Unability to Keep Female Singers   The Unability to Keep Female Singers I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:03 am

Cash, I thing.
Sirenia is not commecially sucessful project, unfortunately. But it demands a lot of free time for doing it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Unability to Keep Female Singers   The Unability to Keep Female Singers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Unability to Keep Female Singers
Page 1 of 1