Sirenia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sirenia Forum

A fan community for the gothic metal band Sirenia

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lyrical concept

Go down 
+8
Tayla
Ene
Malingraux
SparklingEyesInMyMirror
PaleEnchantress
Death_Dies_Hard
Changed?
ShadowOfYourOwnSelf
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Number of posts : 1513
Job/hobbies : Student
Humor : Chelsea Handler Style
Point System :
Lyrical concept - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Lyrical concept - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-23

Lyrical concept - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyrical concept   Lyrical concept - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 3:13 pm

Listening to his lyrics I have no problem beliving Morten when he says the lyrics are simply wrote to go with the music. I love the lyrics but sometimes they focus on the same things over and over and it gets dull after awhile.
Back to top Go down
https://sireniaforum.forumotion.com
Tayla
Submerged
Submerged
Tayla

Female
Number of posts : 682
Job/hobbies : Poet
Humor : It's here,somewhere
Point System :
Lyrical concept - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Lyrical concept - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Lyrical concept   Lyrical concept - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:06 am

I like the dark imagery Morten uses in his lyrics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chaliceoffemmemetal.com
Lady Meridian
Banned
Banned
Lady Meridian

Female
Number of posts : 6
Job/hobbies : Singer
Point System :
Lyrical concept - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lyrical concept - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Lyrical concept   Lyrical concept - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 4:29 am

hehe Morten doesn't want to tell us about the lyrics because he wants that everyone gives a personal interpretation...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sireniaitaly
Lucif
A Shadow Of Your Own Self
Lucif

Male
Number of posts : 63
Job/hobbies : poet
Humor : sadistic desires XD
Point System :
Lyrical concept - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Lyrical concept - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Lyrical concept   Lyrical concept - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:57 am

When I listen to the old albums of Sirenia,I always think about a dark night filled with storms and suddenly a beautiful siren calls and her voice echoes deep inside.Like a fight between light and dark,and he's caught between these two concepts.
Back to top Go down
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: Lyrical concept   Lyrical concept - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:39 pm

Cosmin, I have never thought of it like that. I always see storms but for some reasons, I have never saw sirens. I just see someone in the lyrics always searching for the door to everlasting peace. But never reaching it.
Back to top Go down
Lucif
Lucif

Male
Number of posts : 63
Job/hobbies : poet
Humor : sadistic desires XD
Point System :
Lyrical concept - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Lyrical concept - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Lyrical concept   Lyrical concept - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 5:36 am

Well,the deep female voices give me this image in my head (LOL)
Back to top Go down
Reumeren
Reumeren

Male
Number of posts : 68
Job/hobbies : Student, part-time worker
Humor : None
Point System :
Lyrical concept - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Lyrical concept - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Lyrical concept   Lyrical concept - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:47 pm

I have a theory regarding the concept found on An Elixir for Existence.

The last song is called Seven Sirens and a Silver Tear

Songs 1-7 are all about about some sort of mental decline (depression, schizophrenia, drugs etc...). Morten always plays the main character (the one going insande), and Henriette is always a personification of the problem; she may represent the voices inside, drugs ets. So, in a way, Henriette is a siren. Morten always writes about Sirens in a tempting and evil way.

Star-Crossed is different. Here, Morten/main-character is visited by a woman (maybe a fallen angel), and she dies in his arms out in the winter storm. And Morten writes ''Her tears all frozen through'' -> a silver tear.

So the album is about Seven Sirens (1-7) and a Silver Tear (Star-Crossed). Maybe songs 1-7 are about the road to madness, and The Fall Within even suggests suicide, but he is saved by an angel before she dies.

Does it make any sense? Smile
Back to top Go down
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: Lyrical concept   Lyrical concept - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:12 pm

It does make sense. I think a lot of Morten songs are about going into madness cause by a woman (the siren) and then the numbers reflect on days and times. And then he is saved by someone or something.
Back to top Go down
Reumeren
Reumeren

Male
Point System :
Lyrical concept - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Lyrical concept - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Lyrical concept   Lyrical concept - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:49 pm

What do you think about the lyrics on the last two (three if you count Mortemia)? I think they got worse, because I like epic stories.
Back to top Go down
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: Lyrical concept   Lyrical concept - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:51 pm

The 13th Floor wasn't that great. It sounded like an love story kinda. It's the first time I wasn't able to relate to the lyrics. I haven't listen to Mortemia, it sounds too much like Tristania and Sirenia. The think NDAD had decent lyrics. I'm curious as to how the lyrics one the next cd will be. Maybe there will be less focus on numbers. lol!
Back to top Go down
Reumeren
Reumeren

Male
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: Lyrical concept   Lyrical concept - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:12 pm

Numbers eh? How about nine songs, with sirens, inner demons, numbers, waning and doors with no keys? eating
Back to top Go down
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: Lyrical concept   Lyrical concept - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:17 pm

Yeah, but its like 7 sirens and 9 destines and so on. I think Morten is rather limited with what he writes about. lol! I actually read in a interview that he is aware of repeating his self and tried to avoid doing so on the newest cd.
Back to top Go down
vanessaweber
vanessaweber

Female
Number of posts : 57
Job/hobbies : Fairy Catcher
Point System :
Lyrical concept - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lyrical concept - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Lyrical concept   Lyrical concept - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:25 pm

Reumeren wrote:
Numbers eh? How about nine songs, with sirens, inner demons, numbers, waning and doors with no keys? eating

BAHAHAHAHA Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lyrical concept   Lyrical concept - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lyrical concept
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sirenia Forum :: Sirenia :: Sirenia-
Jump to: