Sirenia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sirenia Forum

A fan community for the gothic metal band Sirenia

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Made You fan?

Go down 
+10
urganmaxx
Ene
Eliz
AilynTheBest
PaleEnchantress
Black_Passion_Diamond
Key
SparklingEyesInMyMirror
LeavingYouForMe
Changed?
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Number of posts : 1513
Job/hobbies : Student
Humor : Chelsea Handler Style
Point System :
What Made You  fan? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100What Made You  fan? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-23

What Made You  fan? Empty
PostSubject: What Made You fan?   What Made You  fan? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 11:26 am

What was it that made you a fan of Sirenia?

Like usual, I came across them when I clicked on a random youtube video. The lyrics right away drew me in and after that I went and downloaded all of their songs.
Back to top Go down
https://sireniaforum.forumotion.com
LeavingYouForMe
A Mental Symphony
A Mental Symphony
LeavingYouForMe

Female
Number of posts : 188
Humor : Strange
Point System :
What Made You  fan? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100What Made You  fan? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: What Made You fan?   What Made You  fan? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 1:56 pm

I became a fan when I came across the band on youtube.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnattsol.com/forum/
SparklingEyesInMyMirror
The Other Side
The Other Side
SparklingEyesInMyMirror

Female
Number of posts : 215
Job/hobbies : Writer/Poet/Songwriter
Humor : You'll Have To Find Out
Point System :
What Made You  fan? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What Made You  fan? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: What Made You fan?   What Made You  fan? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 2:31 pm

After Morten left Tristania,and formed Sirenia I knew right away the band would be great and I was right. Sirenia has music and lyrics that speak to my soul. Sirenia is the band that I get loss in and forget about the the problems that await me in the world.
Back to top Go down
https://sireniaforum.forumotion.com/
Key
A Shadow Of Your Own Self
Key

Female
Number of posts : 39
Humor : I hate sarcasm..
Point System :
What Made You  fan? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What Made You  fan? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What Made You fan?   What Made You  fan? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:33 am

Hummm.. I think I downloaded an album and I liked it. That's all.
Back to top Go down
Black_Passion_Diamond
Led Astray
Led Astray
Black_Passion_Diamond

Male
Number of posts : 348
Job/hobbies : Tattoo Artist
Humor : I'm a guy what do you think?
Point System :
What Made You  fan? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100What Made You  fan? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: What Made You fan?   What Made You  fan? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 9:43 am

Key wrote:
Hummm.. I think I downloaded an album and I liked it. That's all.

Same here. Some idiot mislabeled it as "epic black metal". retard. Band still kicks ass at least the old stuff does
Back to top Go down
PaleEnchantress
Banned
Banned
PaleEnchantress

Female
Number of posts : 1090
Job/hobbies : singer
Humor : my soul feels cold and my heart is tired
Point System :
What Made You  fan? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100What Made You  fan? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: What Made You fan?   What Made You  fan? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 12:16 pm

My father started to listen to Tristania so he tried to listen to Sirenia.. in the first moments I hated Morten Veland's music, maybe because of his voice.. anyway I put his music on my Mp3 player... one day I listened to "Pale Enchantress" a song that Morten made when he was with Tristania and, maybe because of the lyrics of the song, I fell in love with his voice too much! Then, I revalued him and his music and now I'm one of the biggest Sirenia's fan! I love all of Sirenia: the duet between two singers, the violins, the lyrics, the choirs, the guitars and Morten's voice.... the female singers aren't bad, but I think Sirenia's pillar is Morten...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/giulia1510
Black_Passion_Diamond
Led Astray
Led Astray
Black_Passion_Diamond

Male
Point System :
What Made You  fan? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100What Made You  fan? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: What Made You fan?   What Made You  fan? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:25 pm

At first I hate d Sirenia. As I said before the first time I heard Sister Nightfall I fell out of my chair laughing but once Henriette came around I gave another chance and found the music to my liking and been listening ever chance.
Back to top Go down
AilynTheBest
AilynTheBest

Female
Number of posts : 37
Point System :

Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: What Made You fan?   What Made You  fan? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:36 am

well i was checking down some metal queens videos on youtube...& i saw monika...& i heard the other side...& i liked it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LeavingYouForMe
A Mental Symphony
A Mental Symphony
LeavingYouForMe

Female
Number of posts : 188
Humor : Strange
Point System :
What Made You  fan? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100What Made You  fan? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: What Made You fan?   What Made You  fan? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:34 pm

I hate metal queens videos because they always put a bunch of non-metal singers in them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnattsol.com/forum/
Eliz
Eliz

Female
Number of posts : 55
Point System :

Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: What Made You fan?   What Made You  fan? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:17 pm

As i was a Tristania fan i heard about Morten's new band through a Magazine, i told to a friend ( i thank this guy for introducing me into Tristania/sirenia's music) about it and he bougth At sixes and sevens album, we share it and first i didn't like it, for me it sounded like a poor copy of Tristania, but later, i keep listening the album and love it I love you
Back to top Go down
Ene
Ene

Male
Number of posts : 30
Point System :

Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: What Made You fan?   What Made You  fan? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 12:33 pm

LeavingYouForMe wrote:
I hate metal queens videos because they always put a bunch of non-metal singers in them.

Yeah well as i make lot of those, i can say its really hard to satisfae everyone, cuz somepeople think only female fronted metal band is Arch Enemy, and other thinks that EV is metal, its hard Smile
IMO EV has nothing to do with metal, neither with WT nor new NW, or LC, almost all the other known (and not known! Razz) femme metal bands count as metal for me, anyway the whole ''that's not metal'' speak turns complicated

But for the topic, well i'm not the biggest fan, but i finded them out on Last FM, when i was looking for similar bands to Epica (wierd since they got little of similar), and i liked them, and now i fan them a bit Smile
Back to top Go down
urganmaxx

Male
Number of posts : 1
Point System :

Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: What Made You fan?   What Made You  fan? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 5:11 pm

hi to all.. this is my first post.. I start to love Sirenia when my Syrian friend told me to listen in Euphoria by Sirenia and I like it.
Back to top Go down
Hello Kitty Kicks Ass
Hello Kitty Kicks Ass

Female
Number of posts : 48
Point System :

Registration date : 2009-06-27

PostSubject: Re: What Made You fan?   What Made You  fan? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:55 pm

urganmaxx wrote:
hi to all.. this is my first post.. I start to love Sirenia when my Syrian friend told me to listen in Euphoria by Sirenia and I like it.

hi to u!!
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix
Bellatrix

Female
Number of posts : 8
Job/hobbies : Veterinary medicine student
Humor : Blood
Point System :

Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: What Made You fan?   What Made You  fan? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 4:23 am

I was a great fan of Tristania back in the days of WW/BTV, but when Morten left I knew Sirenia's gonna be completely awesome and when At Sixes And Sevens was released I realized I was right. ASAS totally blew me away, especially comapring to the Ashes Tristania did on their own (I still think World Of Glass is a great album, but nonetheless, some of the Morent's style is still present). I'm just a Morten follower all the way Wink
Back to top Go down
Black_Passion_Diamond
Led Astray
Led Astray
Black_Passion_Diamond

Male
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: What Made You fan?   What Made You  fan? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 3:45 pm

Bellatrix wrote:
I'm just a Morten follower all the way Wink

Fuck Yeah!! Tristania lost it when Morten left.
Back to top Go down
Tottie
Tottie

Female
Number of posts : 34
Point System :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: What Made You fan?   What Made You  fan? I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 2:52 pm

I like to see modern music mix with classical. Often, I find bands which fail to do so successfully. Preferably I don't listen to "harder" music. Sirenia was a exception. The level at which they combine both elements was miraculous.
Back to top Go down
Lucif
Lucif

Male
Number of posts : 63
Job/hobbies : poet
Humor : sadistic desires XD
Point System :
What Made You  fan? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What Made You  fan? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: What Made You fan?   What Made You  fan? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:57 am

They have a unique sound and style,which gives them a great position in the gothic metal scene Smile Morten Veland is a pure god,and his music speaks for our souls,not for our money (LOL)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Made You fan?   What Made You  fan? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Made You fan?
Page 1 of 1