Sirenia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sirenia Forum

A fan community for the gothic metal band Sirenia

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project

Go down 
+7
Lady Meridian
Tayla
Star-Crossed
Death_Dies_Hard
Black_Passion_Diamond
Changed?
Eliz
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Eliz
A Shadow Of Your Own Self
Eliz

Female
Number of posts : 55
Point System :
Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-19

Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project Empty
PostSubject: Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project   Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 10:28 pm

Quote :
Gothic Metal icon Morten Veland (Tristania, Sirenia) has inked a deal with Napalm Records for his new band MORTEMIA. Morten promises his fans a sweeping listening experience, which will follow the path of Tristania’s masterpiece “Beyond the Veil”. The first songs stay true to his promise and offer beautiful melodies and bombastic choir passages, thus creating the perfect blend of traditional Gothic Metal and modern elements.

"I am happy to have signed to Napalm Records for my new project Mortemia. I am looking forward to the cooperation with the label and to bring out more music to all the metal fans out there."

Let's talk about Mortemia

What do you think about this??

i am just waiting to hear how does it will sound Cool

i've heard lot of things, so i want to know your opinion too
Back to top Go down
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Number of posts : 1513
Job/hobbies : Student
Humor : Chelsea Handler Style
Point System :
Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project   Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:53 am

I'm excited. While I love Sirenia I feel they have went farther and farther away from true gothic metal. Of course I'll want to hear songs before making my mind up but I'm really hopeful.
Back to top Go down
https://sireniaforum.forumotion.com
Black_Passion_Diamond
Led Astray
Led Astray
Black_Passion_Diamond

Male
Number of posts : 348
Job/hobbies : Tattoo Artist
Humor : I'm a guy what do you think?
Point System :
Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project   Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 12:02 pm

I think its going to be better than Sirenia. I know people will disagree with me but each cd gets lighter and lighter. Its was only a matter of time before Morten went off to another project and if this sounds anything like the old days of Tristania I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Death_Dies_Hard
The Other Side
The Other Side
Death_Dies_Hard

Female
Number of posts : 252
Job/hobbies : Tattoo Artist/Piercer
Humor : Sarcastic
Point System :
Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project   Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 12:18 pm

The name makes me hope that this time the band will mainly be him. All his projects has always resulted in the female singers taking over maybe this time it won't happen.
Back to top Go down
Eliz
Eliz

Female
Point System :
Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project   Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 9:40 pm

yeah i am curious who is going to be the singer, if it is going to be only morten or if its going to have a female singer...

although i think the same as you about sirenia... i like the albums Smile not very very much but i like them and i wonder what will happen with sirenia Question

hehe the first thing i though and heard about mortemia was that it was an april joke...but it was June Suspect
Back to top Go down
Star-Crossed

Male
Number of posts : 1
Point System :

Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project   Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 10:48 am

lol imagine if the new singer is Vibeke haha Razz
Back to top Go down
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Point System :
Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project   Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:27 pm

Star-Crossed wrote:
lol imagine if the new singer is Vibeke haha Razz

I was thinking the same thing lol.
Back to top Go down
Tayla
Submerged
Submerged
Tayla

Female
Number of posts : 682
Job/hobbies : Poet
Humor : It's here,somewhere
Point System :

Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project   Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:22 pm

I've already had the dicussion over on the official Tristania forum Smile

There's arguements about Sirenia, Tristania blame copy claim and all sorts. Most aren't happy. And what's with the "ia" ending on all 3 projects?
Back to top Go down
http://www.chaliceoffemmemetal.com
Lady Meridian
Banned
Banned
Lady Meridian

Female
Number of posts : 6
Job/hobbies : Singer
Point System :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project   Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 4:18 am

Well, if Morten did this project I would be very happy but I think it's a joke
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sireniaitaly
Death_Dies_Hard
The Other Side
The Other Side
Death_Dies_Hard

Female
Point System :
Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project   Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:45 pm

Lady Meridian wrote:
Why?
Back to top Go down
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project   Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:43 am

Lady Meridian wrote:

Sorry Giulia but its not. I've heard a song sample from the project and my excitement for it has dim. It seems to be Sirenia re-done with a crossover of Tristania.
Back to top Go down
Eliz
Eliz

Female
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project   Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:34 pm

ey! i have just seen the video "The one I once was" and OMG!! i soo loved it I love you
i found it really cool, different,i don't know but i like very much!!
wahh! i'm so excited Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
silviapd
silviapd

Female
Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : Journalist
Point System :
Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project   Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:23 am

I like Mortemia, something different and it is well produced.
For the Dutch people here, we have a cd review online. Rating 8.5 - 10
check http://www.muzikantenweb.nl/live/mwprofile_recensie.asp?id=1827&nw=yes
Back to top Go down
http://www.reflectionsofdarkness.com
Tayla
Submerged
Submerged
Tayla

Female
Number of posts : 682
Job/hobbies : Poet
Humor : It's here,somewhere
Point System :

Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project   Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:57 am

My honest opinion of this band is that it's utter bollocks.
Morten has done it just, I feel, for another ego boost. It sounds like a Sirenia rip off. The album what I've heard of it, is repetitive crap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chaliceoffemmemetal.com
Death_Dies_Hard
The Other Side
The Other Side
Death_Dies_Hard

Female
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project   Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:59 am

His way of taking everything he has done with Sirenia and making it just him.
Back to top Go down
Tottie
Tottie

Female
Number of posts : 34
Point System :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project   Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:21 pm

I like it.
Back to top Go down
Malingraux
Malingraux

Male
Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : Making Explosives
Humor : Awfull/None
Point System :

Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project   Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:44 am

It's Sirenia's style, but without the female voice. I prefer Sirenia, but I love Mortemia.

I hope this wont make him to experiment with Sirenia like he did with "Nine Destinies and a Downfall"...¬¬ And from now on his songs will be on the line of "Sirens of the Seven Seas"...
Back to top Go down
Lucif
Lucif

Male
Number of posts : 63
Job/hobbies : poet
Humor : sadistic desires XD
Point System :
Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project   Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:56 pm

I can't stand the fact that during the songs there are only growls and choirs(this is the main reason why I hate death metal and black metal)...He must put some clean vocals at least,if he doesn't want to use a female singer...anyway,the album is still really good...It has the signature of Morten Veland on it,after all XD
Back to top Go down
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice
Changed?

Female
Point System :

PostSubject: Re: Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project   Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 4:58 pm

I'm still listening to all song from the project. But so far, I like it. Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project   Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortemia/ Morten Veland's new project
Page 1 of 1